Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guidelines Update  (Read 9702 times)
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« on: November 14, 2009, 04:57PM »

Lindsey and I have decided to add a new rule to our forum guidelines.  It's actually been our policy since the start, but we never put it in writing before.

http://celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=7092.0

"22. It is a violation of forum policy to post personally identifiable data - e.g. a home address, telephone number, or email address - your own or someone else's.  Any post containing such information will immediately be edited or removed.  Our goal is to provide a safe environment for our members and guests.  Posting private information is a serious risk and can not be allowed."

Our forum is a public web site; anyone with an Internet connection can view most of our posts.  There are people out there who regularly, for various reasons, troll sites like ours and harvest any personal information they find.  If you need to give someone any such information, do so by private message.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 05:13PM »

Is it still ok to post personal contact info on the Ticket Exchange?

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 05:33PM »

Is it still ok to post personal contact info on the Ticket Exchange?
That's our only "members only" board, so it's okay as long as you trust our members.   Cheesy

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 08:00AM »

Effective immediately, we have made the following change to our Forum Guidelines:

2.   Signatures
   1.   Signatures may contain text and/or images, up to a maximum overall height of 400 pixels. Oversize signatures will be edited.

We all enjoy having a unique, distinctive signature.  But they are not the focus of our forum.  Some of them have grown in size and complexity to the point that they're overwhelming the actual posts. In addition to occupying a great deal of space, some of the graphics used are large files which impede the page loading.

We ask that all members update their signatures to conform to this restriction. Beginning March 1, 2010, we will edit any signatures that are still in violation of the size limit.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Rich and Lindsey

Jason

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 11:33AM »

*cheers* Thank you!

I very much like everyone's beautiful signatures and all, but it gets to be work to scroll through pages trying to pick out the actual posts! Cheesy

kingcobradude (Clay S.)
Bodhrán Player

I am Chloë Agnew's #1 Fan

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 12:04PM »

My signature is good, right?

Yes it's raining. Why do you think Ireland is so green, pixie dust? I can not believe you just nodded your head. *exasperated sigh*
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 12:58PM »

My signature is good, right?
Yes, Clay, yours is okay.

kingcobradude (Clay S.)
Bodhrán Player

I am Chloë Agnew's #1 Fan

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 03:19PM »

ok thank you

Yes it's raining. Why do you think Ireland is so green, pixie dust? I can not believe you just nodded your head. *exasperated sigh*
StrawberryAvalanche96
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 06:20PM »

Thanks Rich for reinforcing that rule.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: