Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Divinas - Taping - 30th May 2012  (Read 15713 times)
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« on: May 31, 2012, 06:34AM »

Before the show

We finally took the decision to attend the first show of the Divinas ! A few days before I heard about this taping, it was free and we just had to send an email to say how many places we wanted. We left Paris around 4.00 p.m., the location was at 2 hours, we were all anxious and nervous because we were stuck in traffic jams in Paris. Fortunately on the highway, traffic was fluid. On the road, a storm came upon us, my mother said that was probably Meav who brought the irish weather with her. We finally arrived around 7.50 p.m, the carpark was a bit far from the castle, the ground was wet but the sun was back.

Here the beautiful Château de Chambord :

The three divinas :

Rita is in red, Yulia is in the middle and you all know the last one : MEAV !!!

The concert was in the courtyard, we were 400 people in the audience. We took our seats who were not so far from the stage, we had a great view, I was so excited because I thought I will never have the chance to see Meav and to hear her, a few minutes after, the producer thanked us for being here tonight and wished us a great show ! Meav appeared by a large door at the right, Yulia was in front of us on stage and Rita arrived at the left (piano side). The orchestra was composed by two violins, two cellos, a drummer, a bass, on the right side and on the left side there was a harp, a guitar, a keyboard, a piano and finally two flutists.

The Show

The opening number was Will Ye Go Lassie Go ? ! Gorgeous rendition from the three ladies, a great way to start this night. They didn't say "Lassie" but "Laddie", they are joined on stage after their respective parts. At the end, Meav stayed on stage and welcomed us, she joked about the weather, she apologized for bringing the weather from Ireland.
She introduced the next song and said that was a song composed by Robert Burns it was : "My Love Is Like A Red, Red Rose". Her voice was so clear and so soft, she put so much emotion in the song, this was a lovely rendition !
 During our applause, Rita took a stool and sang "Dust In The Wind". A lovely song mainly accompanied on guitar, she was joined by Meav and Yulia who accompanied her on the chorus. Yulia and Rita left the stage and Meav had a another solo, a beautiful rendition of "Vincent (Starry Starry Night)". We applaused her and she let her place to Yulia who arrived by the right. She sang a timeless french song, "La Vie En Rose", I was so impressed by her French who was truly amazing even if she had her Russian accent. But the song stops suddenly and the producer told us that they had some technical problems due to the rain this afternoon.

They needed time to solve the problem, we did some plan applause after that, Meav came on stage and improvised some songs who will not be include in the DVD. Firstly she sang a bit in French, a well known song : "Sur Le Pont D'Avignon" : http://youtu.be/znYWsEYJNiA . She said in French: "Good ! Computers aren't work but it's not a problem, you're the choir ! Well there're a problem so I will sing something to you : "My Lagan Love" : http://youtu.be/suEAcbN57WM . What a voice ! My gosh ! Thanks to Lynn and Lisa Lambe I know the lyrics so I sang along with Meav, she gave me a smile when she saw me !!!! Cheesy .
Always in the improvisation, they tried to use the guitar but the sound didn't work, so Meav said : "What do we do ? Do you want to sing with me in Gaelic ?" We replied "We don't know" "Okay ! The next song is a song about drinking to much, if you learn it along the way sing with me, it's : "Nil Se'n La" : http://youtu.be/BKXTdlcdAdA
Meav left the stage and finally the guitar worked, Rita took a stool and sang a song in Hebrew, I can't tell you the name. At the end she asked us if we were cold, we answered : YES !, she said that she tried to warm our hearts ! Meav came back on stage and had some problems with the back of her dress, she asked to one of the assistant to help her and joked with us while he helped her : "Hey ! Be careful I'm married me" then she introduced one of the highlight of my year : "It's a song that you may heard before" and she sang : "Danny Boy" : http://youtu.be/1DXp2PYtGVA
In all my life I never thought that I will hear this one sung by Meav, for me it's the Meav song as a solo. For the group's version my heart goes to our girls Cheesy . The public was quiet during this one, and we all applaused very loud at the end !
It was the Yulia's round to sing one of her songs, she sang a song called : "Russia" while playing the guitar.

After, the staff offered us a glass of champagne and the producer announced us that the problem was solved, then they started again the show since the beginning, during "La Vie En Rose" we felt some rain drops but fortunately it didn't cause some problems. The show continued with an another solo from Yulia : "Black Eyes"kind of Russian jig, she was joined toward the end by Meav and Rita. "Glasgow's Burning" I think it was the name of the song. Meav led the verse, Rita, Yulia joined her in the chorus, we're clapped along during the song. Then the orchestra left the stage to protect their instruments against the rain, Meav stayed on stage and sang : "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face", the rhythm was slow, you could close your eyes and listened the Meav's voice take you to paradise.
Yulia stood near the piano and gave us a wonderful rendition of "Autumn Leaves" she had a wonderful voice and she's almost like Alex in her beauty and face, she had second solo after that "Where Do I Begin (Love Story)", she has truly a powerful voice !
 After some applauses organized by the producer, Meav came back on stage and sang "On Raglan Road" accompagnied by the violin and the harp, it was so beautiful ! The next song was a song called : "Ray Of Hope" I think I'm not sure, Rita sang it mainly joined by Yulia and Meav, great song ! Rita introduced the next song, one of the best tonight, she said : "The next song is one of the most fascinating finale in the opera : "Carmen" There was a "Woow" through the audience, Rita sang the verse then Yulia and Meav joined her during the chorus, Rita made some movement , almost like Lisa Lambe on Dulaman, it was an amazing number, their voices go well together ! Rita stayed on stage and sang an oriental song, I don't know the song but it was energic and dynamic, we're clapped along. The lighting was truly beautiful, it was well worked.
Then the three singers gave us a wonderful rendition of "Shenandoah" when Meav began the song I literally scream I really love this song ! The harmony was perfect, one of the best rendition ever of this song. The next one was again an amazing song, Rita as a solo, sang : "O Mio Babbino Caro" HEY THIS WOMAN IS EXTRAODINARY ! The last number was a song called : "Those Were The Days (My Friend)", Yulia sang it mainly joined by Rita and Meav after. It was the finale, but they had to redone two numbers one of Rita who's called "Love Has Begun" I don't know where this number will be in the set list, and The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, Meav apologized and said that we were so warmhearted and genial. There's no problem we will not say no to some extra Cheesy Cheesy

After the show

After that, they thanked us for being here tonight, blowing some kisses then they left the stage. Meav had to shoot "On Raglan Road" on the last floor of the castle, on the terrace, she joked with us when she took her shoes in her hand before to go up "Do you want to try to climb the marches with these shoes ? It's hard you know" I love her humor, she's so adorable.
The show was over for us, while the audience left the castle, Meav did her video on the terrace, the other girls were interviewed by PBS.
We waited some minutes because it's probably the last time that we saw Meav, suddenly behind us someone said in French : "Thank you !" it was Meav !!!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy Cheesy. I thank her for the extra numbers that she gave us during the technical problems and she answered in French : "Oh it was because of the rain, like in Ireland" I said : "Like during A New Journey" and she laughed. We took some pictures, she asked us if we had loved the show then she wished us goodnight and she left. She's so nice and wonderful, I hope I will see her again.
The taping took 3 hours, we left the castle around 1 a.m. and we arrived at home around 3.40 a.m. The night was short but filled of dreams after one of the most magical night of my life.

Thank you Meav, Rita and Yulia ! Viva las Divinas ! Grin

« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 03:30PM by Dinozzzo » Logged

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Maloney
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 07:56AM »

sounds great.

What is it with rain at the tapings?

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 08:41AM »

Amazing review, Dinozzzo!! I was over the moon when I saw the set list--it really looks like this will be a stunning show.  I can't wait till PBS airs it!! Grin

EDIT: Just watched the videos.  All of them were gorgeous, but My Lagan Love was  Shocked She sounds as if she stepped right out of faery land!  'Tis a shame it won't be on the DVD.  Danny Boy was great too--very gentle and laid-back. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 11:02AM by Tuatha Dé Danann » Logged
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 08:47AM »

Great review. I can't wait to watch this!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 02:46PM »

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS WONDERFUL AND DETAILED REVIEW. I BET YOU WERE IN HEAVEN!  WHEN IT'S MY TURN TO GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT ANGELS WHO LOOK AND SOUND LIKE OUR CELTIC CUTIES TO SERENADE ME FOREVER. AND THE LEAD ANGEL WOULD BE MY LOVELY LARK...MY SWEET SONGBIRD-MEAV !OH YOU LUCKY GUY YOU!  I'M HAPPY FOR YOU AND I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO SEE IT ON PBS AND FOR THE DIVINAS TO TOUR IN THE US SOME DAY. LONG LIVE THE LARK!!!   Kiss Kiss   Kiss

Ruth
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 02:57PM »

absolutely stunning, thank you soo much, Music is her passion  Smiley
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 04:37PM »

Fantastic review Dinozzzo!  I can't believe our luck in having such a fine reviewer present to give us this wonderful review!  It was a surprisingly well-conceived and produced show, to highlight the talents of 3 separate soloists singing songs well-known and loved both in Europe and the US! 

We must all catch the broadcast of this show on PBS so that we too can enjoy the show you so entertainingly described, minus those off-air moments which we are fortunate to hear about from you! 

I personally hope from this Meav is heartened to perhaps a new round of performing, seeing that her performances are still so eagerly sought from the many, many fans she still possesses the world over!  Cool Cool Cool

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 07:46PM »

I totally agree Starman... Wink   Our Meav HAS to know that she is much appreciated and well received! Regrettably, I became a CW fan not long after Meav departed. I have yet to see her perform in person.  Sad  I love our sweet songbird so much!  THAT VOICE!!!   Smiley Smiley Smiley  (SIGHING)  I hope you are right.  And maybe this means a Divinas tour for next year.  (crossing fingers).

greenfire6
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 08:02PM »

Thanks for the great review Dinozzzo!

I will be watching for a PBS broadcast, the avaIiability of the DVD and most of all for a live show!

So glad you got there in time (despite the traffic) had a good time and were so fortunate to meet Méav!  Cheesy
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 01:07AM »

Thank you everyone for your answers Grin !

All I know for the moment it's there will be a tour around NA in 2013 and the DVD will only available in US. The producer at the end said to us : "You will never see this one because it's only for the Americans" don't worry I will have it haha.

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 04:11AM »

WONDERFUL I'm so excited to hear everything, espescially O mio babbino caro and Starry Night

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
WinterLament

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 05:21AM »

Oh how wonderful! Whart a lovely review, thank you so much Kiss
I cannot wait to watch it (on PBS and some more videos on youtube), sounds like fun! It's great to see and hear Meav again, her French is splendid. I cannot wait to hear O Mio Babbino Caro (and the other song from Carmen!), although I would love Meav to sing O Mio Babbino Caro!

Thanks again Grin
I was wondering will there be a cd available?
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 05:24AM »

I cannot wait to watch it (on PBS and some more videos on youtube), sounds like fun! It's great to see and hear Meav again, her French is splendid. I cannot wait to hear O Mio Babbino Caro (and the other song from Carmen!), although I would love Meav to sing O Mio Babbino Caro!

Thanks again Grin

A CD/DVD will be release, we don't know when for the moment. Maybe around December because they will be on tour in NA in 2013. You can find the Rita's version of Love Has Begun in Youtube (I think it's her song) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJVuPqcTxkg
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 05:32AM by Dinozzzo » Logged

WinterLament

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 05:29AM »

Thanks again Grin

A CD/DVD will be release, we don't know when for the moment. Maybe around December because they will be on tour in NA in 2013.

Thank you! Smiley
beckyw

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 05:15PM »

Thanks for the wonderful review.  Are you the only lucky person from the forum to get to go?  I'm so jealous. Smiley

Some people come into our lives and quickly go.  Some stay for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts and we are never ever the same.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: