Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Donation Account Now Open  (Read 9862 times)
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« on: April 02, 2009, 05:57AM »

We recently sent out a request for donations for a birthday gift for a certain diminutive fiddler.  The response was overwhelming.  We collected so much money we were able to buy presents for Máiréad, Lynn and Alex.  (I don't know why that surprises me. Our members are unequaled in their generosity.)  I will be presenting those gifts in Orlando this Saturday.

As you all know, Lisa and Chloë have birthdays coming up soon.  So here's what I've done.  I've re-opened our donation account at my credit union, and it's ready to accept deposits.  We will withdraw money from this account to buy gifts for the performers, and - at the end of the year - to make our annual charity contribution to GOAL.  Donations can be accomplished in several ways:

• Go to PayPal.com and send money to r_ropes@bellsouth.net or to rich@celticwomanforum.com. (The accounts are linked.)
  • Mail personal checks made out to VyStar Credit Union, at P.O. Box 45085, Jacksonville, FL 32232-5085. Write "For deposit to account number 0490675010" in the Memo line on your check. Note: the credit union can only accept checks in US Dollars.
  • As a last resort, you can send checks or money orders directly to me. PM or email me for my home address.

This account will remain open until 30th November 2009. At that time, I will close it out and make a lump sum donation of the entire amount to GOAL Ireland, in the name of the performers and staff of Celtic Woman. I will send a framed certificate to CW Ltd, acknowledging their gift. If any of you would like a copy of this certificate, I will email you a copy suitable for printing and framing.

Beginning Friday, 1st May, and continuing each month after that, I will post a current accounting of the funds that have been donated to the account, and any withdrawals that have been made.

As always, we thank you for your support.

[Edit]  I forgot to mention that all proceeds from the Amazon sales and Fan Club merchandise will also go directly into the donation account.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 07:38AM by OldFatGuy » Logged

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 06:40AM »

Thanks Rich, always a good thing.  I too am amazed at the generosity of the members each year you do this.  I hope we better last years mark-- a tough task, but I wouldn't bet against our people!!! 

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 08:27AM »

Thanks Rich for setting all this up for us. You are THE BEST!

I am not at all surprised by the generosity of the forum members here. They have showed their willingness to donate and help out over and over again.

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 09:03AM »

Besides, we ADORE our Girls  Cheesy

raven_christina
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 02:51PM »

Neat! This will make things go smoother! Awesome!
Sorgi

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 03:13PM »

Hmm...now I need to decide if I want to lump it in november or send some every 2 weeks.  The account generate any interest?

-Dan

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 03:28PM »

The account generate any interest?
Yes, this one is an interest-bearing account.  But interest rates are so low now that a thousand dollar balance generates less than a dollar per month.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 01:14AM »

Rich,
CW SEnior asked me to look into having an AMAZON site where we could all send in donations to then present Chloe for her 20th a Very Nice Amazon GIFT Card, knowing that Chloe likes to read when she can and listen to music...Now it looks like through your efforts, we will not have to do something separate, am i correct? If we send our Donations to you, will you then Buy Chloe the Gift Card from Amazon, so CW Senior can present it to her in OHIO??
Let me know....boy that woul sure help because I was not sure if amazon would do a running collection talley.
Probably, each one of us would have to send money and ask for a Gift Card to be sent to Chloe where upon she would receive probably 50-100 gift cards, i am just guessing.
Carla on Okinawa

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 07:01AM »

Carla,

You're right - you don't need to do something separate.  And no - Amazon would not keep a running tally for you.  I like your gift card idea, but I'm still open to other suggestions.  I even wrote to Lisa and asked her if she had any ideas for Chloë.  But the majority will rule on this.  If everyone likes your idea best, we'll do it.

By the way - I asked Scott for ideas for Lisa's birthday and he came up with a perfect suggestion.  So I've already bought her a gift.  It's a secret - obviously - so PM me if you want to know what it is.  If you want to send a card for Lisa or Chloë, you can also PM me for my mailing address.

One last item - I won't be going to any of the concerts nearest to their actual birthdays, so I'll need volunteers to deliver the gifts.  Ideally, it should be someone with tickets and M&G passes for the shows in San Jose, Sacramento or Oakland (for Lisa) and Raleigh, Portsmouth or Vienna (Wolf Trap) for Chloë.  Interestingly, there are no concerts on either of their actual birthdays.  Good planning, huh?

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 07:15AM »

I wonder if Lisa will run over to San Francisco on her birthday for a cable car ride down to the wharf and fresh sea food. You know that a nice bottle of California wine or Ghiradelli Chocolate would be nice, Too bad Chloe couldn't partake of the wine.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 07:50AM »

Hi  Rich...
Actually, it wasn't my idea,  I don't think, I contacted one of the moderators and asked her about Chloe's birthday and she referred me to a website...it happened to be CWSenior who said Chloe would be in OHIO nearest her birthday and she would be willing to present the present, and I don't have the schedule in front of me...so she asked me to contact Amazon, to see how we could get a group bought Gift Card, or start a Gift Card Account for chloe's birthday...then right be fore i was going to do just that, i saw your message that you have opened up an account, so we don't want to reinvent the wheel so to speak...where will Chloe be closest to her birthday?  Thanks, Carla

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 08:36AM »

it happened to be CWSenior who said Chloe would be in OHIO nearest her birthday
The tour will be in Cincinnati, Youngstown and Cleveland in June, but those dates are all after her birthday.  That's why I suggested Raleigh, Portsmouth or Vienna, because they're on the 3 days immediately preceding 9th June.

Charlie'sAngels

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 09:17AM »

Rich:

If it'll get me a seat at the DVD filming, I'd consider PAYROLL DEDUCTION for donations!!
 Grin
Ok, even if no seat...lol.
CWsenior
Total Fanatic

Me and my wonderful aunt

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 10:20AM »

Thanks rich for doing what your are doing. Their have been a few of us who wanted to do something for Chloe's birthday and i ventured out their to try to get it done, but now that iv seen that you already have an account set up this makes things a lot easier. and about the dates. i was just suggestion the two dates after her birthday because i know they are right after and i would be their.
Thanks for your efforts on all this. it takes people like you to keep things smooth.

~ashley~
Sorgi

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 11:33AM »

I wonder if Lisa will run over to San Francisco on her birthday for a cable car ride down to the wharf and fresh sea food. You know that a nice bottle of California wine or Ghiradelli Chocolate would be nice, Too bad Chloe couldn't partake of the wine.

Jim

I should bring some red from the hill country to Sac the day after  Wink

(Brain fart, mixed with Alex's B-day)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 04:00PM by Sorgi » Logged

-Dan

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: